IMPORTANT EVENT DAY NOTES
- This year’s event is less about racing and more about community and safety. We ask all participants, staff, and volunteers to please comply with our 2021 COVID-19 protocol
- Per New York State Department of Health and Governor Andrew Cuomo's guidance, masks are required for unvaccinated people in all event areas.
- Mass starts have been eliminated this year for the Gran, Medio, and Piccolo distances in order to minimize interactions and create space for physical distancing.
- Participants will be required to sign the online COVID HEALTH SCREENING & WAIVER/PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT. Participants that do not sign this waiver will not be provided with a bib number during check-in.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own pre-race and during-race hydration
- Participants will be encouraged via pre-race communication to ask questions prior to event day with the goal of minimizing staff interactions at the event.
- Event staff will monitor the area for compliance with COVID-19 regulations. Ventures Endurance reserves the right to remove non-complying registrants without the possibility of a refund.
PRE-RACE PACKET PICK UP PROTOCOLS
- Packet pick up will be spread out over 2 days.
- Participants will need to follow social distancing guidelines at packet pick Please follow signs and directions at bib pick up.
- No race day registration; pre-registration only
START LINE PROTOCOLS
- With the exception of the USA Cycling Races, the event will be using a “rolling start” format to keep participants spread out at the start and throughout the race, ensuring social distance is practiced.
- For the mass-start USAC Cycling-sanctioned races, all participants must wear a mask or face covering at the start line until 1 minute prior to the start
- Chip timing will be used at the start and finish
FINISH LINE PROTOCOLS
- Hydration will be spaced on tables accordingly in the expo area after the We ask participants to not congregate and keep moving.
- Online results only.
- A staffed medical tent will be located near the finish line.
HYDRATION AND FUEL PROTOCOLS
- Participants will have access to cups at hydration stations; we recommend runners carry personal hydration (bottles, packs, etc.) and refill from cups as needed.
- Aid stations (on course and at the start/finish) will be implementing increased sanitation and hygiene standards and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Aid stations will be implementing contactless delivery of hydration and nutrition.
- Tables will be placed at least six feet apart on tables in the finish area for the participants to access hydration and nutrition.
- Do not participate if you are feeling sick or ill, and or have a fever, or if you have been in recent contact with someone with COVID-19.
- Persons from high risk groups for COVID-19 complications should consult their physician before participating.
- Participants should refrain from all forms of physical contact (handshakes, high- fives, hugs, etc.).
- Do not engage in close group pictures/selfies.
- Don't spit or “nose rocket” your nose in public – bring along tissues or a small towel or a hanky. If you must spit, do so away from people and areas that will have foot traffic.
- Do not share personal items, such as hydration, energy gels, towels, etc.
- Avoid pacelines or riding in groups on the course
- When passing other participants, provide a wide berth around the other rider.
- There will be less volunteers on course so runners will be encouraged to use online and digital maps for key parts of the course.